Banana Oat Breakfast Balls
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 4 large, very ripe bananas
- 4 cups (400 gms) large flake oats (old-fashioned oats), gluten-free if necessary
- ½ cup (50 gms) unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup (50 gms) ground Good Sense® Raw Almonds
- ½ cup (100 gms) mini chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or lightly grease it
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl with a potato masher or a fork.
- Add all the other ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Scoop up about 1½ tablespoons dough at time and squeeze it together to make a rough ball. (I use a size 40 cookie scoop.) I find that squeezing and gently tossing the ball from one had to the other several times helps form it into a neater ball.
- Place the balls about ½ inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until when you lift up one of the balls, you can see that the bottom is golden brown.
- Cool and store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week, or in the freezer for several months.
- Makes about 40 breakfast balls 1½ inches in diameter